Crawl Space Encapsulation/Sealing
To help reclaim that dirty musty crawl space we offer a complete ecapsulation of the existing soil crawl.
1. The crawl must be cleaned of all trash and other items.
2. All vents to the exterior must be permanently sealed.
3. Any wall cracks will be treated accordingly.
4. A perimeter drain tile with sealed sump basin will be installed to control any water seepage.
5. In cases where excessive soil gases are present a passive venting system will be installed in conjunction with the tile system and discharged to the exterior.
6. The area between the rim joist will be insulated with a spray in foam.
7. A felt underlayment is rolled out over the entire ground surface. This will help create air movement under the liner.
8. A heavy duty white faced/ reflective double bubble insulation is applied to the floor slab, the foundation wall and the underside of the floor joist.
9. In order to help condition the air a dehumidifier is installed.
That once ugly crawl is now a safe functional part of your home.
Down Spout Extensions
These can be done either above grade or underground based on the termination points available.
One of the most overlooked ways to help prevent excessive water build up around your foundation is to insure that the rain water of the roof as well as the discharge from the storm water sump is moved far enough away that is does not flow directly back to the foundation.
At Ulb-Dry Waterproofing we offer both above ground as well as sub soil solutions.
- The existing downspout line from the roof will be cut to allow a proper angle for the water to run away.
- A new section of pipe will be connected to the existing line and secured in place.
However even though this is quick and inexpensive it can often result in unsightly lines above grade so we also offer an alternative. Subsoil Technique. After the termination point has been determined we will:
- Cut out and remove the sod, placing it to the side to be reset upon completion.
- Excavate a trench by hand. This trench will be a minimum of 6″ inches deep and slope a minimum of 1/8″ per foot towards the termination. Idealistically you would want a discharge, (this is when the water flows directly out of the line without an upturn) However in the situation where grade does not allow for this we will utilize either a bubbler pot or a larger basin to be determined by water volume.
- A small bed of stone is laid in the base of the trench. If a bubbler or basin is required it will surrounded with stone
- A 4″ SDS 27-29 PVC line is installed with a direct connection to the downspout line. In order to help the water drain out the last section of the line is perforated rather than solid.
- The solid portion of the line is covered with soil will the perforated section is surrounded with stone.
- The sod is replaced.
- All remaining spoil will.
- The area will be raked level with all remaining spoil will removed and disposed of properly
Glass Block Window Installations
We offer a complete of glass block windows with and without vents crafted to you specific needs.
Window Well Replacements
In the case where a well cannot be re-sealed to a wall because it has become deformed or is rusted out we offer both “Monarch” and “Bowmen-Kemp” replacement wells.
Contact us Now
Let our professional provide you with a free, no-obligation on-site estimate.
Call now: (708) 978-7558